Day 6

Hey Y'all
Today my blessing is being able to read.
I often take for granted what so many are not able to do.
In the store I work in there are 2 men in their early 50's that cannot read.
Well just 2 that I know about...
It breaks my heart.
  They never had anyone in their lives when they were young to teach them.
They went through school and were just pushed along, no one took the time.
 Now they are afraid to even try.
I am so very blessed that I had teachers and parents who took time with me.
My mom and dad instilled in us very early; the love of the written word, for that I will be ever grateful.
I LOVE to read, and thank God there are creative and talented people on this earth that were blessed with the ability to tell a story.
These amazing men and women can take me out of my car, bed, chair etc... and transport me into a world they created, I love it.
I get so wrapped up in a good book I can tune out everything around me, I can see and feel the environment
 they create, The characters sweep me away.

Author J.K.Rowling
Harry Potter made me want to be a child again and see the magic in the world around me.

Author Nancy Atherton
Aunt Dimity makes me want to live in the Cotswold's in Britain

Author Joanne Fluke
Hannah Swensen makes me want to run my own bakery...in Minnesota!

Author James Patterson
All his leading crime fighters make me want to fight for justice

Author Emily Brightwell
Mrs. Jefferies makes me want to be working in Inspector Whitherspoons home in Victorian England

Authors Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
The Left Behind series makes me want to bring everyone to the love of Jesus before He returns.

Author Dorothy Gilman
Mrs.Pollifax gives me hope the CIA will hire me in my dotage :)

Author Mignon Ballard
Augusta Goodnight is the Angel I hope to meet in the strawberry fields in Heaven

Debbie Macomber's many, many books make me want to live in every town and to hang out with 3 Angels!

Charlaine Harris
Sookie Stackhouse is a friend I would love to have, I would fight right along with her!
Harper Connely makes me nervous, but I would love to know her.
Lilly Bard is my inspiration! She kicks butt!
Aurora Teagarden is the lady I wish I could be.

These are just a few of the series I love and devour at every chance I get.
Thank you lord for blessing me with sight, comprehension, and an escape into fantasy.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I miss my Blogging Girlfriends

Woolzies!

Ho Ho Ho **Gift for you